The adventure of trying to make a house a home that we built for our family of six plus some craft, home décor, recipes & any family fun we might have.

Monday, 12 March 2012

Missing in action

I've been missing in action for 9 days now and it's amazing how time gets away from you. So what exciting things have I gotten up to in the last 9 days? I celebrated my birthday by packing up our rental property and spending some one on one time with Quinlan. Mr Opoes and the kids bought dinner over and we all sat on the floor and ate our dinner. Then the fun started. Monday saw the removalists arrive, it took 3 hours to load everything into the truck and an hour to move most of our stuff in with my in-laws. Tuesday was the move-out clean, so we dropped Caelan at school and Mr Opoes and I loaded more stuff into the car and dropped it off at our new home. Wednesday was move out day. Mr Opoes returned to work, the girls and I meet the carpet cleaner and we hung out while he cleaned our carpets. I left all the windows open so that carpet dried out completely and we returned just after school pick up so that we could make sure everything was perfect. Leaving the windows open had allowed dust to blow in so now I had to sweep the floors again. We rushed off to the real estate agent getting there with 5 minutes to spare.

An idea of the amount of stuff we have
After packing up you still have to unpack your stuff and this seems to take more time. I'm proud to say I'm halfway though the unpacking and re-packing process, I've successfully bought more things with me than we really need. CLOTHING. We seem to have clothes everywhere so I'll be going through everything and pack away all things that we won't need. I hope that when we move into our new house I'll have a few months to go through everything otherwise I'll be filling that house up with clutter and I'll never get rid of it.

I'm hoping to achieve a look like this
So now we have to hope and pray that the weather holds up so that the house gets built. Cross our fingers hoping that we get our bond back and not collect too many additional things so that moving won't be a long process. So far Quinlan hasn't settled into a routine and he wakes numerous times every night, Caelan is finding it difficult having to leave early in the morning for school and the girls are having to learn to be quieter especially as the neighbours are closer at grandma and grandpa's house. Tomorrow I'll give you an update on what's been happening with the house and I'll share some photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment